The mission of the UF Emergency Medicine Residency is to create a vigorous and comprehensive training experience in Emergency Medicine, leveraging UF Health’s significant acuity and designation as a regional Chest Pain, Stroke, Burn, and Level I Trauma regional receiving center. The residency team serves as an expert guide in this stimulating environment, whose purpose is to train residents in the compassionate application of evidence-based medicine and resuscitation. Our patient diversity, united with the comprehensive experience at UF, prepares our residents to enter all modern academic and community practice environments as leaders and advocates in Emergency Medicine and their practice communities.
1. To have 95% Graduates pass will become board certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine within 3 years post-residency/fellowship.
2. To have our graduates find employment nationwide in diverse emergency medicine practice settings, including academic, community, and fellowship programs.
3. To have residents achieve procedure logs greater than the ACGME Key Index Procedure numbers by their PGY-3 year.
4. To complete one quality improvement project prior to graduation.
5. To have 40% of graduates go into academic practice.