The mission of the UF Emergency Medicine Residency is to create a vigorous and comprehensive training experience in Emergency Medicine, leveraging UF Health’s significant acuity and designation as a regional Chest Pain, Stroke, Burn, and Level I Trauma regional receiving center. The residency team serves as an expert guide in this stimulating environment, whose purpose is to train residents in the compassionate application of evidence-based medicine and resuscitation. Our patient diversity, united with the comprehensive experience at UF, prepares our residents to enter all modern academic and community practice environments as leaders and advocates in Emergency Medicine and their practice communities.
1. To recruit top candidates from a diverse, national applicant pool.
2. To have 95% of graduates become board certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine within 3 years post-residency/fellowship.
3. To prepare our graduates for employment in diverse, nationwide emergency medicine practice settings, including academic, community, and fellowship programs.
4. To leverage UF Health’s volume and acuity to train our learners in evidence based resuscitation.
5. To have residents exceed the ACGME Key Index Procedure numbers by their PGY-3 year.
6. To complete one quality improvement and research project prior to graduation.
7. To have 35% of graduates enter academic practice.