The purpose of the Emergency Medicine research and scholarship program is to support faculty scholarship and pilot projects to advance faculty academic efforts as well as departmental missions. Projects will focus on research and scholarship that contribute to knowledge that advances clinical practice, education science, basic science knowledge, and patient safety/quality in emergency medicine. The goal is to support the development and execution of robust research programs for all faculty members.
Project Proposal Submission and Review Process
- Project Idea: PI and Mentor to formulate a project concept
- Pre- Submission Consulting is optional, but will allow individuals and their mentors to meet with a member of the SRC to obtain guidance regarding proposals and planned research. This is strongly encouraged for any residents and junior faculty beginning a new project.
- Submission of Project Proposal – complete REDCap SRC request form via this link.
- If proposal is submitted at least two weeks before the next SRC meeting, it will be scheduled for review at the next SRC meeting.
- The SRC will meet monthly on the first Tuesday of the month.
- The principal investigator (and mentor, if trainee project) should plan to attend the next SRC meeting to present their study in person or by zoom. Presentations should be approximately 10 minutes, followed by Q&A (-10 min)
- The proposal will be reviewed and considered by core members of the SRC
- Written review & feedback will be provided to the proposer. One member of the SRC might be assigned to be a mentor or consultant for a junior Principal Investigator.
- The proposal will be graded into one of two categories: (1) Approved; (2) Revise and Resubmit
- If the project is approved, Project initiation logistics Meeting will be set up for the PI, and other research staff members as needed (e.g. Cindy Montero) for project implementation logistics
- Interim and Final Reports: Principal investigator is required to submit a short interim progress reports (every 6 months) and a final report, including possible outcomes (conference presentation, submission of a manuscript or patent, future planned grant submission). Final reports are due 60 days after the end of the project period.
Current SRC Members
Chair and Co-Chair
Brandon R Allen M.D.
Torben K Becker M.D., Ph.D., RDMS, FAWM, FAEMS
2022 SRC Dates
|sRC submission request deadlines||SRC meeting dates 2022|
|December 21, 2021||January 11, 2022|
|January 28, 2022||February 8, 2022|
|February 22, 2022||March 8, 2022|
|March 29, 2022||April 12, 2022|
|April 26, 2022||May 10, 2022|
|May 31, 2022||June 14, 2022|
|June 28, 2022||July 12, 2022|
|July 26, 2022||August 9, 2022|
|August 30, 2022||September 13, 2022|
|September 27, 2022||October 11, 2022|
|October 25, 2022||November 8, 2022|
|November 29, 2022||December 13, 2022|