The department of Emergency Medicine welcomes new faculty members in 2021!
Effective May 1, 2021:
- Lynn Farrugia, MD, completed her Medical School training at Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC; her Residency in Emergency Medicine at University of Massachusetts Medical school before going on to complete a Fellowship in Medical Toxicology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA. Dr. Farrugia comes to us from Emergency Medicine at Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT as well as the Connecticut Poison Control Center, University of Connecticut Health Center, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT. She will be working at the AED and providing toxicology education and clinical guidance. Dr. Farrugia joined the department on May 1, 2021.
Effective July 1, 2021:
- Tierra Smith, MD, completed her M.D. at Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia; her Emergency Medicine residency and Ultrasound fellowship here at the University of Florida, Department of Emergency Medicine. She will be working with Dr. DePortu to provide ultrasound education across all learners in emergency medicine.
- Casey Carr, MD, completed his M.D. at Florida International University, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine; his residency at The John Hopkins Hospital, Department of Emergency Medicine before going on to complete a Critical Care Fellowship here at the University of Florida, Department of Emergency Medicine. He will be faculty in the Division of Critical Care, providing patient care in both emergency medicine and critical care.
- Sitha Konopack, MD, MPH, FACEP, completed her M.D at University of South Florida College of Medicine, her residency at Orlando Regional Medical Center. She will be working here at the University of Florida in the Free Standing Emergency Department.
Effective August 1, 2021:
- Sakina Sojar, MD, completed her Medical School training at Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, in Buffalo, New York; her Residency at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston , MA; before going on to complete her Fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Hasbro Children’s Hospital/Brown University, Providence, RI. She will be providing clinical care in the pediatric emergency department.