DIVISION OF CLINICAL RESEARCH PAGE
The Division faculty and research personnel are responsible for the Residency Research curriculum, the Distinguished Visiting Research Professor Program , and has oversight of all clinical research in the department. The Editorship of the International Journal of Emergency Medicine resides within the Division, with a special feature dedicated to the residency program. Several faculty are involved in diverse research projects, making training and working in the department a true intellectual pleasure.
The goals of the Division are to:
1. Create a superb environment for research and publication with a special emphasis on the EM residency training program (Click here for mechanics of getting your research project started)
2. Synthesize clinical registries for common ED presentations that would serve as research engines for outcomes research
3. Facilitate and support individuals wishing to obtain advanced training in research methodology
4. Promote acquisition of extramural funding
5. Recruitment of trainees and staff who have interests in clinical investigation.
6. Identification of individuals for representation on institutional research committees
7. Promote translation of clinical practice activities to research
8. Promote collaboration with the CTSI, UF research groups, the mobile GCRC unit, and basic science laboratories as relevant.
There is an exciting array of programs within the division.
I invite you to explore our website, and feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (352) 265-5911 [office] or (352) 222-9434 [mobile].
Latha Ganti Stead, MD, MS, MBA, FACEP
Chief, Division of Clinical Research
Professor of Emergency Medicine & Neurological Surgery Toral Family Foundation Endowed Professor of Traumatic Brain Injury
Director, Center for Brain Injury Research and Education
Editor in Chief, International Journal of Emergency Medicine http://www.intjem.com
PUBLICATIONS: PubMed Bibliography and Publications