Interested in becoming a SCRIBE? Looking to gain VALUABLE experience in the medical field? A Scribe position can give you a behind-the-scenes look at the daily life of an emergency medicine provider and an excellent understanding of how emergency medicine is practiced.
In March of 2013, the Department of Emergency Medicine initiated the Scribe Program for those pursuing a career in the health profession. The program currently staffs three emergency departments in the Gainesville area including the UF Health Adult Emergency Department / Trauma Center, Pediatric Emergency Department, the Springhill Emergency Center, and the Kanapaha Emergency Department. On average, our scribes provide 100 hours of coverage daily.
What We Do
- Follows the ED provider into every patient room
- Records the patient’s history and chief complaint for their visit
- Transcribes the physical exam as the provider dictates
- Records the results of diagnostic tests, and patient reexaminations while documenting the entire patient encounter
The University of Florida Emergency Department Scribes are an integral part of patient care focusing on efficiency and satisfaction to our patients and providers.
- The UF ED Scribe Program is the clinical experience of choice for aspiring health care professionals.
- We are the entity to provide education for any Scribe at UF Health.
- The program will provide mentorship to guide each scribe to his or her professional aspirations.
Thank you for your interest in the Department of Emergency Medicine Scribe Program; if you have any further questions please contact us.