The University of Florida Department of Emergency Medicine in Gainesville is seeking talented and highly motivated individuals to join our faculty, staff, fellows, and Scribe Program team.
Multiple exceptional opportunities exist in the following areas:
(Note: Job numbers are for multiple positions)
- Emergency Medicine Faculty
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine Faculty:
- Free Standing Emergency Department Faculty:
Physician Extender Positions
- Advanced Practice Providers: We are actively recruiting for Advanced Practice Providers (Physician Assistants and Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners) to provide care within our Adult and Springhill Emergency Departments. APPs are hired through UF Health Shands Hospital and are assigned to our Department upon successful screening, hiring, and credentialing. Learn More & Apply Now »
Fellowship Program Opportunities (beginning 2015)
- Sports Medicine
- Emergency Medical Services
- Critical Care Medicine
- Emergency Ultrasonography
Hired as hourly employees, health career bound students work hand-in-hand with physicians and physician assistants during their shifts in the ED. Scribes complete the charting of the patients, to include documenting the history, physical exam, procedure notes, and lab results. In order to be able to accurately complete this documentation, the students must first complete training in both the classroom and the ED.