The University of Florida College of Medicine provides the following benefits to the full-time residents.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance (Family Coverage Available)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- 3 weeks of vacation each year of training
The Emergency Department provides Emergency Medicine residents the following benefits:
- Annual Salary
- Textbook allowance of $500 (PGY1), $250 (PGY2), and $250 (PGY3)
- Two monogrammed white Lab coats in PGYI
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) membership
- A subscription to Annals of Emergency Medicine and EM Today
- Emergency Medicine Residency Association (EMRA) membership
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) membership
- A subscription to Academic Emergency Medicine
- PGY2s are sent to the SAEM Conference
- PGY3s are sent to the ACEP Conference
- Sponsored participation for residents to participate in Symposium by the Sea, Clinical Pathology Case Presentation Competition.
- Sponsored participation for residents to participate in SAEM, Clinical Pathology Case Presentation Competition.