How to Apply
- Applications are accepted through ERAS only. All application materials must be received by the end of October.
- We will be accepting 14 residents for the class of 2019. Because of the volume of well-qualified applications, not all applicants can be offered an interview.
- We are no longer accepting applications from International Medical Graduates.
- International Resident Observerships and Externships are not offered by the UF Department t of Emergency Medicine.
- Applicants for this program must have an M.D. or a D.O. degree.
- M.D. candidates must have passed Step I of the USMLE and be scheduled to take Step II. COMLEX scores will be accepted from D.O. candidates.
- Three letters of reference are required. It is suggested at the minimum 2 of these letters should be from EM physicians. Preferably these are in the SLOR format.
- The content of applications will not be discussed by phone or email. Inquires limited to the status of applications can be sent via email.
- Interviews will be offered to qualified applicants, based on the strength of the total application. Earlier applications have the benefit of being reviewed sooner.
- Interviews will be scheduled using Interview Broker.
- Interviews will be conducted on Fridays in October, November, December, and January. Interview dates:
- October 21, 28 (2016)
- November 4, 18 (2016)
- December 2, 9, 16 (2016)
- January 6, 13, 20, 27 (2017)